Medicare can be a confusing topic. That’s why Macaulay Insurance Agency is here to help free of charge. Medicare Health Insurance is offered uniformly throughout the country. We offer our service throughout the United States and have the experience to help you make an informed decision about Medicare Health Insurance. Here is a quick overview of your options. To get things started and further go into depth about your options, give us a call today.
The Medicare Alphabet
Part A Hospital – No Premium,
Medical – Original Medicare
Annual deductible and you pay 20%
Medicare “Advantage” Plans
Through health plan carriers
Advantages (additional benefits)
Prescription Drug Coverage
Through prescription carriers
You Have Two Options for Additional Coverage
Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C)
- Covers Part A, Part B, and Part D of Medicare
- All plans approved by Medicare
- Premiums per month
- “Advantages” (annual physical, vision, gyms)
- Available through national/regional carriers
- Most plans include prescription coverage
“Supplement or Medigap” plans
- Covers Part A and B only – Need to buy Part D
- Plans are standardized by Medicare
- Premiums start at about $110 per month
- Available through insurance companies
Medicare Prescription Coverage (Part D)
- Available through RX plan and Medicare Advantage
- Different plans and co-pay levels
- Plans may have deductibles
- Plans may cover generics in the “gap”
- Available at pharmacies or through the mail order
How Part D Works
You Pay Co-Pay Retail Price
$29, etc. $250, etc
When the co-pay and retail amount totals $2,700*…
you are in the “Doughnut Hole” You pay full price until you have paid $1,650* out of your own pocket. You are now out of the GAP and you pay the greater of $2.40 or $6 or 5%.
*This does vary by plan.
Let Macaulay Insurance Agency compare plans for you so you can get the Medicare Health Plan that meets your health and financial needs. No one should expect all this information to be familiar. That’s what we are here for. It can all get a little overwhelming at times, we understand. Macaulay Insurance Agency are here to assist you in the process to find what suits your individual needs. We take the time to talk to you for however long it may take until you are satisfied and comfortable with the choices. Macaulay Insurance Agency are about personal attention. You speak with a live insurance specialist, not a computer. Call us to start the process of gaining the information and attention you deserve to make the best decision about Medicare Health Insurance for you.
Medicare is sometimes confused with Medicaid.